Thunderbolts look to improve in 2016
Union opposes Dayton annexation
Union moves to annex 500+ acres of Butler Township
Feller’s going out of business
Girls golf team working hard, playing well
- City amends tax collection ordinance - 3:27 pm
- AWANA offered at Union Baptist - 3:06 pm
- Council imposes moratorium for medical marijuana - 3:37 pm
- Union opposes Dayton annexation - 1:25 pm
- Krishers win City Beautiful Award - 5:43 pm
- Union moves to annex 500+ acres of Butler Township - 5:28 pm
- Feller’s going out of business - 5:16 pm
- Woman to speak about wartime experiences - 4:55 pm
- Free community breakfast offered at Concord - 4:11 pm
- Fairview Brethren blood drive is Aug. 29 - 2:08 pm
- Clayton increases purchase order - 3:17 pm
- Local teacher selected for national workshop - 12:07 pm
- City to collect delinquent fees - 5:29 pm
- Police reports from Northmont area law enforcement agencies - 8:07 pm
- Dayton Concours d’Elegance is Sept. 18 - 4:13 pm
- Hale-Sarver announces addition - 5:35 pm
- Band Boosters to host ice cream social - 1:35 pm
- Thomas welcomed as new superintendent - 1:45 pm
- Residents needed to serve on boards - 1:12 pm
- DP & L resumes appliance recycling program - 3:20 pm
- Englewood Traffic Alert - 11:11 pm updated: 11:15 pm.
- Union seeks funding for water main - 2:06 pm
- Union approves purchase - 11:12 pm
- Simpson appointed criminal investigator - 4:31 pm
- Back to School plans need to include vaccinations - 2:16 pm
- Four arrested for smuggling heroin - 1:42 pm
- Free preview of ‘The Barn Raisers’ offered - 10:31 pm
- Northmont Band Premiere set for Sept. 3 - 10:09 pm
- Police reports from Northmont area law enforcement agencies - 12:10 pm
- Englewood Art Festival schedule is set - 4:41 pm
- Salem Church volunteers tackle projects - 3:04 pm updated: 3:05 pm.
- Patrol asks motorists: Do you move over? - 2:21 pm
- Gaylor makes 175th donation - 1:16 pm
- Water use drops in Englewood - 5:49 pm
- MVCTC students attend national conference - 5:00 pm
- Free concert set at Salem Church of God - 4:59 pm
- Entertainment announced for Art Festival - 7:05 am
- Upcoming events at the Earl Heck Center - 7:30 pm
- ‘Dangerous Prayers’ series to begin at Salem - 4:00 pm
- Stillwater River now part of National Water Trails - 2:32 pm
- Historic Photo of the Month - 11:56 am
- Police reports from Northmont area law enforcement agencies - 10:30 pm updated: 10:30 pm.
- Davenport Blood Drive continues saving lives - 6:05 am
- Route 48 repairs to bring more traffic woes - 4:13 pm
- City amends repair contract - 3:07 pm
- Panera Bread holds ribbon cutting - 1:42 pm
- Free child booster seats available - 7:05 am
- Cities to seek funding - 6:17 pm
- Englewood files joint grant application - 3:24 pm
- Funding sought for Haber/National intersection - 4:41 pm
Fairview Brethren blood drive is Aug. 29
ENGLEWOOD — The Fairview Brethren in Christ Church in Englewood will host a community blood drive Monday, Aug. 29 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the G...
Clayton increases purchase order
CLAYTON — Council authorized Thursday increasing the price of a purchase order to curb and sidewalk assessments to accommodate the cost of extra...
Local teacher selected for national workshop
ENGLEWOOD — Julie Swank, a teacher from Northmont City Schools is one of 72 local teachers from around the United States selected as a National ...
City to collect delinquent fees
CLAYTON — Unpaid charges for grass/weed cutting for 2016 and 2017 were certified and approved by city council Thursday to be sent to the Montgom...
Police reports from Northmont area law enforcement agencies
The following information has been provided by Northmont area police departments. The information listed in this column is considered public record an...
Dayton Concours d’Elegance is Sept. 18
DAYTON — The Cars of France and 100 Years of BMW will be featured marques at the tenth Dayton Concours d’Elegance at Carillon Park on Sund...
Boys golf team falls to Fairmont
CLAYTON — Northmont’s boys varsity golf team Thursday hosted Fairmont on the front nine at Meadowbrook at Clayton Golf Course with the Fir...
Girls golf team working hard, playing well
MIAMISBURG — After opening the season with a solid 4th place finish in the Greater Western Ohio Conference Preseason Tournament the Northmont gi...
Boys golf 5th at Homan Memorial
PIQUA — The pin placements were tricky and the course much drier than those in the Dayton area due to a lack of rain when the Northmont boys gol...
Girls GWOC Preseason Tournament results
ARCANUM — The girls Greater Western Ohio Conference Preseason Tournament at Beechwood Golf Course brought no surprises with Centerville dominati...
Boys GWOC Preseason Tournament results
ARCANUM — The nineteen member schools of the Greater Western Ohio Conference competed Friday in the GWOC Preseason Tournament at Beechwood Golf ...
Mangen signs with Edison State
PIQUA — Ben Mangen, of Clayton, signed Wednesday a National Letter of Intent to play baseball at Edison State Community College beginning in the...
Rose Music concerts
An evening with Gladys KnightThe “Empress of Soul” Gladys Knight is headed to Huber Heights, Ohio at Rose Music Center for a night of hit ...
Rose Music concerts
Barenaked Ladies in concert June 8Barenaked Ladies are once again taking their boisterous live shows to audiences nationwide this summer announcing La...
Check with your BBB before hiring a caterer
The catering business is more than an $8 billion a year industry. Caterers provide food service at remote sites, such as hotels, homes, meeting spaces...
Ohio’s coal industry crushed by an agency in need of a purpose
For decades, Ohio has proudly mined the coal that fuels America. Coal still generates more than a third of U.S. electricity – more than any othe...
Where the election stands
The next few weeks in politics are a little like the All-Star break in baseball. With the Republican and Democratic national conventions upon us, it...
Summer programs at Northmont Branch Library
The Northmont Branch Library continues to collect food for FISH (Friends in Service for Humanity) food bank here in Englewood. Bring any non-perishabl...
Growing our shrinking middle class
Today, Americans are working longer hours for less pay. Protections and benefits that were once guaranteed by the government or bargained for by union...
What it takes to be an effective citizen
It’s so easy in a presidential election year to forget that our system is not about a single person. This year especially, when the dynamics of ...